Tuesday 30 March 2010

Innovator Interview

Innovation where I work ? Come on there all a bunch of 'Laggards', a bit harsh I know and not strictly true. One of the major problems is allowing the technology in. I managed to interview a colleague who has provided elearning to help address the requirement to update / teach basic mathematics skills to our students.

Like Mark I have enjoyed this although it hammers home the reality that we are behind the curve somewhat, because on reflection I am not sure that an elearning package is particularly innovative these days. Given the circumstances though and the focus on reducing marking time and enabling the brighter students to progress quickly I saw it as innovative. I would much sooner be talking to a colleague that has brought web 2.0 apps into the learning environment though.

No comments: