Thursday 3 September 2009

Write a short reflection on your first impressions of H808

H808 is about to start I have had a browse through the website, sorted out my Blog, emailed my tutor and popped an introduction in the tutor conference. At the same time I have experimented with Vstuff, iGoogle and pebblepad and we haven't started yet. I can see there is a great deal of reading on this course and I haven't wrote an essay for a long time. Concerned? no not really, I just know I am going to need to plan my study time. Life will get slightly easier when I wave goodbye to T224 students that complete their course in October.

As for H808 first impressions are good, the OU leads the way in Distance Learning and the standard of material and quality of the web interface is impressive. Everything is available from the student homepage. A few additional links added to my Student Homepage mean I now have efficient access to My Blog, Pebblepad and refworks. The PDF file of the first four units was requested by a fellow student and it appeared within hours, and a pretty useful document it is, I still like to read paper copies and jot notes occasionally. Another must is the environment map a few pages in and the table breaks down the activities into clear tasks that will help me focus on the key elements of the course.

Am I an Elearning Professional well I think I will save that for my next posting.

Any H808ers reading this I wish you all the best for the course and I look forward to sharing ideas and discussing the course content over the coming months.

Steve

No comments: