Thursday 27 August 2009

H808 preparation

With the website up and running and a bit of time before I go back to work I couldn't resist a look. First impressions are just what I expected everything links nicely from the student homepage and resources are easy to find.

Having skip read some of the material and had a quick peek at the TMA, I know I couldn’t resist, experience has meant that I keep the TMAs and assessments in mind from the off. A really useful document is the technologies schedule I printed this off straight away, it will form a useful guide I am sure.

Initial concerns are also as expected there is an awful lot of reading, plenty of technology to get my head around but it looks really interesting. So many writing styles as well, I am out of practice here so will be looking early for examples of academic writing, reflective writing and reports. I have been using Pebblepad for a while and GoogleApps. I need to decide early on which app to use I think. An important criteria here will be what I can access at work. I look forward to discussing them in the conference later.

A quick look in the conferences revealed a few early birds, will stay away from here for a while I think. The OU has learn’t from previous courses and its good to see that my tutor conference does not open until the course start date. A quick email to my Tutor just to say hello I think, and that will do for today.

No comments: