Wednesday 30 September 2009

Reflection and learning

Reflection is a pain! I spend hours preparing a lesson, present my lesson and then find I have to reflect on the lesson, when really I want to get on with the next one. Well that's my opinion. However in all fairness it is a valuable tool and well worth doing it’s just a matter of time and looking at the next task in hand.

As for Blogging well at first I thought this was all a bit sad, why write personal reflections online for others to read?

Enter the ‘learning arena’ and suddenly it all becomes clear, it is useful to read both your own as well as the reflections of others. It is part of the learning and useful to read other experiences. The blog makes it efficient to keep a journal, it can be private or shared selectively. I have just written this blog whilst having a 5 minute break at work by emailing straight to my blog.

Where next, ‘Twitter’ I don’t think so I am not quite ready, but I said that about ‘Facebook’.

H808-09I: Unit 2 (part 2): Reflection and learning: "Post a comment to your blog reflecting on your own attitude to reflection in learning and on the usefulness or otherwise of blogging as a means of doing it."

No comments: