Sunday 21 December 2014

Something completely different

I thought I would share my summer project with my readers. This year the OU have changed the start time of the module I tutor and a pleasant outcome has been a summer free of marking. With all this spare time on my hands I set to a little project at the top of the garden. The shed was constructed last year and this was detailed in a  Previous blog entry this stage was to create a decking area and make more use of the land at the top of the garden.
Before Having disposed of the old shed
A baron land was transformed last year with the introduction of a shed, well 'Man Cave'. It's a retreat for me to relax and unwind and this summer has seen me expand on this and create a decking area around it all part of the master plan to make the top of the garden more usable because the views are fantastic especially in the winter when all the leaves have fallen.

 I won't bore you with all the details just share a few pictures.

The same view after project completion.

Finally looking up the garden its a climb to get there and the next stage is to line the footpath with a few hand rails to make coming back down easier. This summer I will look at tidying up the middle section, ideas are welcome.


The view up the garden
I now have a little retreat where a peaceful evening can be spent in peace and almost quiet. However I have to say its been a really pleasant change and I one of the most relaxing summer breaks I have had.

No comments: