Saturday 7 May 2011

Technology in the classroom, 'An example'. Part 2

I thought I would follow up my previous post with some more detail on the panels. Some time ago I was asked to share my experience of using the panels with my colleagues and I created a number of short video demonstrations to help them get started so I thought I would experiment with uploading them to youtube and embedding them into my blog. This means that the quality is reduced but the size is also reduced. The videos aren't brilliant I basically put them together over a weekend, but it should give an idea of how the panels can be used.

The first video is just sets the scene and gives some quick examples.



The second demonstrates the use of the flipchart facility.



Additional videos
Flipchart Demonstration 2
Active desktop demonstration
Promethean and Powerpoint used together

2 comments:

My Mind Bursts said...

Fascinating. And the very best way to demonstrate the technology and make your points. Where are the points of resistance to universal adoption?

Steve McGowan said...

Hi Jonathon I was going to make this the topic of my next blog because 2 years on in many classrooms I have noticed that the panels are not being used. I can't understand why but I have discussed with fellow lecturers so it might make an interesting part 3. Thanks for popping by Jonathon