Wednesday 1 June 2011

Reflection on TMA02

Week 16 already H800 is flying along, with TMA02 nicely tucked out of the way it may be an ideal opportunity to reflect on my approach.

The TMA question was pretty straight forward, well that was until I started researching it and starting to form 1000 words per activity so it was worth a quick recap and yet another read of the question which in summary was:-
For each activity, explain to your tutor:
what it enables you to understand about:
     choices that practitioners make about ways of applying technologies for their learners
and/or
    choices that learners make about their own learning, in terms of which technologies they use, why and how.
I approached this task by picking my three activities based on popularity and my own interest and ended up looking at:
  • Blogging
  • Visual representation of design
  • The learner experience
My approach was to extract a number of forum messages that made relevant points, produce a mind map of my initial ideas, determine what key points I wanted to make and finally find some readings from the block which generally supported my ideas or added a different viewpoint.
Pretty straight forward then, if only.

All I can say is it took hours and having read my final version I am still not sure if I am answering the question. It’s a strange feeling you breathe a sigh of relief when you reach the word limit, read it back to yourself and realize that there is so much more that could be written.

However it was made a lot easier by the cohort of H800 students in my group this year, plenty of forum activity which made the finding of ideas and evidence straight forward so a big thank-you from me here.

No comments: