Wednesday 28 April 2010

Google reader makes life much easier.

I am not sure I could cope with all the information I need to keep on top of, without google reader.

  • My study material
  • My fellow students Blogs
  • My students groupwork and conference areas to name a few
  • Topics I am interested in  
  • News and sport
can all be brought into one web page area.
An additional benefit is the ability to be able to search all these specific locations for key information and find it quickly. Imagine being able to search for a conference post you made containing the word Chasm but you just can't find it. This short clip is just a different approach to help show reader in action and a little bit on mashups.


Short Video Clip using GoogleReader

2 comments:

Mark C said...

Hi Steve,

Great video idea you sell the benefits of Google Reader really well. Its an excellent way to view so much information in one browser page. Also thanks for pointing out the search facility no doubt I will be putting this into good use for TMA03!

What software did you use to record the screen moves?

Regards
Mark

Steve McGowan said...

Hi Mark
I use JING the video demo is available below and the software can be doownloaded from http://www.jingproject.com/

Demo Video
http://video.techsmith.com/jing/2.1/overview/default.html